We have established this blog spot for our GBC family to be able to connect with one another as we walk with our God and with each other through this challenging time in our lives. With this blog we can stay in touch as we hear from others and let others hear from us.
The EFCA Touchglobal Crisis Response Team is in Galveston and will be helping provide immediate relief as well as long-term strategies to help us restore our community and to help individuals who have been affected by Ike. We will be working with them to set up their Command Center at GBC so relief efforts can soon be coordinated locally. Until the center is established, they have offered to begin coordinating resources & needs via their home office. You can reach them by calling 985-893-0218 x7, then ask for the Crisis Response Team.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Greetings everyone in Jesus name!
Just checking this out. Hope everyone is safe.
If anyone has any idea about mail (whether it will be delivered down there or how to reroute it) will you blog it, please?
Thanks! Love to all from Joy (and Joel - "Home" at the Diven's till next Monday, Lord willing).
https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/flow.do?_flowExecutionKey=_c8AD753E4-2E58-65CB-9C73-1CE07E814F45_k362F1A71-A0BD-69E2-353E-5F027CD8D6FB
This is the link to temp forward mailing address.
- Daniel
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to take a minute and tell all of you that there is significant progress being made in getting things back toward normal. The elders who retured early along with the EFCA crisis response team and many other friends who have already showed up to shovel mud and clean and give us support should be praised highly.
The Sanctuary has been given a preliminary cleaning and today the carpet was pulled from the fellowship hall. We have a long road ahead of us, but we have begun with some good steps. larger teams will be arriving in the coming days to add to hands to the work for the church and the community.
This is really an opportunity for the body of Christ to shine in Galveston.
Karla and I are praying for you and desire your prayers as well.
Blessings,
Hello everyone,
Kim and I are thinking of you. Our church in Friedswood, Friendswood Community Church, would like to partner with a church in Galveston to help that church get back on its feet and then together reach out to the rest of the island. I wasn't sure how to reach any of you but found this blog. I can be reached at 832-715-8697 or gbonnen@hotmail.com. Our prayers are with you.
Greg Bonnen
Hello from New York City. To those who remember me from GBC
(1984-1993), I want you to know you have been in my hearts and prayers since IKE. Glad to know the church is being rebuilt. I remember the days when we all worked together on the old salvation army building.
Joy & Mary Angela, I'm sorry for your loses. I read your blogs and my heart goes out to you both as well as the GBC community & Galveston Island. The years we shared our life together I will never forget.
Should you ever want to connect someday, email back at marshag589@msn.com
Would love to hear from you.
Shalom
Marsha-Leah (formerly Collins)
Post a Comment